Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We're Alive!

We're alive! Or at least it feels that way. Nate still has a touch of lingering illness but I guess we should expect as much considering he was a week or so behind. I feel like I have a new streak of energy and have been attempting to put it to good use. Yesterday the girls and I went on a walk. Everyone seemed in good spirits so I decided to head to the library. After 45 minutes of purousing we hopped back into the stroller and decided to keep going. We visited a friend and stayed for lunch (how polite that we just invited ourselves, right?). To entertain on the way back I gave Katelyn my ipod and set it to Katelyn's playlist of favorites like Old MacDonald and the Wheels on the Bus. Sarah napped. By the time we were within eyesight of home Katelyn and Sarah still wanted to be outside so we crossed over to the park and spent the afternoon swinging, sliding, and meeting new friends. Katelyn and stranger girl did "Ring around the Rosies" on the balcony of the boat for so long I thought they were going to get sick. I had to distract them with the good ol' hand song
"There were 5 in the bed
and the little one said,
Roll over, roll over.
So they all rolled over and one fell out.
There were 4 in the bed...
until 1 is left and he says,
Ah alone at last."
By the time I finished I had everyone's attention in the park and they started clapping (about 10 people). I was a bit embarrassed but I guess I should have stuck out a hat or something because I definately felt like a street performer.

(This was my handmade coat from when I was a little girl...)

Who said only palm trees grow in California?

Loving the swing!
When I came home I checked our course through mapmyrun.com and we walked 6.5 miles. We were gone most of the day and I didn't have to turn on the tv once. That last bit feels miraculous right there. Anyway I was feeling pretty proud of myself because I have been working on my own weight loss plan and it's actually working. I am simply focusing on my 3 main weaknesses which are, no sweets, no eating after 8pm, and exercising. So far I have lost 5 pounds in 6 days (measuring first thing in the morning everyday). Mind you we still had pizza night on Friday and a handful of M & M's for our family home evening game but this feels managable.

Anyway the best part, I was feeling so proud of myself and as I was talking to my mother-in-law (to share in my enthusiasm) I kicked off my shoes and found this. Well it didn't hurt and I apparantly will always have major feet problems until I move home and can go see Amber's dad...



Heather, Dan, and Family said...

I am so glad you are all on the mend! Hooray for post-illness energy! And nice job on the weight-loss too. I wish I could say I was doing as well as you!

Nate and Lori said...

YOu go girl! 6.5 miles while pushing little ones is amazing. Good job and the loosing 5 lbs in 6 days thing too. It does feel good to accomomplish things like that and the no sweets does get easier with time. Good Luck!

Amy said...

that is so awesome that you got claps! Now what I wanna know is why didn't those parents join in....after all, once it got down to 3 in a bed they had to have known where it was going! :)

Katie said...

Go Stace! I can just picture you being the star of the park. You are such a cute mom. I bet it felt so good to be outside so long. Oh, but sorry about the foot.

mom said...

You go girl!