Friday, January 16, 2009

Croup

Yes the ugly condition has finally come our way. The girls and I have been coughing and gagging the nights away. We've been fighting it for over a week now and the pediatrician estimates two more (this one seems to be longer than the classic croup of 3-5 days). If you've wondered why we've been missing from church and playgroups or our patio for pete's sake...now you know. Here's a little preview (I spared you the shots of Katelyn throwing up 6 times in an hour from gagging on phlegm).

If this comes your way stock up on plenty of motrin, juice, pedialyte, movies, blankets, popcicles, humidifiers, and your freezer box (for those of you in warmer climates where the temps are still in the 70's and taking a walk in the cool night air just doesn't have the same effect).
Cheers!

12 comments:

April said...

Oh croup is the worst. I am so sorry, two more weeks? Wow hang in there.

Heidi said...

I'm sorry you've all been sick, but I hope you had a great birthday!
That's great that Sarah doesn't have to have surgery! Your girls are so cute!

Heidi said...

I'm sorry you've all been sick, but I hope you had a great birthday!
That's great that Sarah won't have to have surgery! Your girls are so cute!!

Bloom Family said...

Bummer! :( Hope you all get feeling better soon!

Amy said...

I've been wondering where you were!! I've missed seeing you around! And I owe you for your birthday...should I bring you food because you probably don't want to go to the store all sick and with sick kids!?! Lemme know :)

HeatherB said...

I hope everyone feels better really really soon.

Shannon said...

Oh, I'm so sorry; no wonder I missed you at church today...I hope that the estimated two weeks is WAY off mark and that you are all feeling better very soon. NO fun to be sick.

Natalie Ropelato said...

Oh there is nothing worse than having a sick child, but having 2 sick children. Oh, I'm sorry! After they start to feel better, Nate is going to have to take you out for a night on the town, your going to deserve it :)

Jessica D. said...

I am so sorry Stacey! We've only ever had the week long version, I cant imagine two more weeks! Hang in there!!!

erin said...

stace! oh i'm sorry. fox has never been that sick, so i can't say i know what it's like, but i can imagine things at your place aren't exactly awesome right now. oh girl, hang in there. i hope your babies get well soon!!

Rachel said...

i hate it when the little ones are sick. so sad. that little pic of sarah is heartbreaking. my girls keep getting hit with a stomach virus and olivia spent a full day in the er. know how you feel. hope you get well soon!

Nanci said...

That's awful. My little Ella had croup just a few weeks ago and the negative temps really helped her outside at night. I suppose that the freezer can help just the same. That's so miserable. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon.