Friday, January 16, 2009

27th Birthday Happenings





My birthday festivities were interesting this year. Anticipating the small window of time allotted Nate and I opened my gift at 2am (He had just come home from a massive makeup attack on the endless charting at the hospital...). Just what I had been asking for a wall charger for my ipod (really this is sincere). The girls and I went to Holly's for delicious lunch, thank you, and a stroll in the afternoon. When we came back I found this delightful brown box standing by my door with a giant1.800.Flowers announcing it's contents. Sure enough my delightful sisters, Holly and Heather, sent me 30 tulips (and no they didn't think I was 30)! I shrieked with delight and started the truly demanding work of unwrapping the package. At first I found the vase from the bottom and saw the stems of the tulips. For a second I thought I had dumped all the water out. Laugh away. Anyway aren't they delightful! Thanks guys! Oh and my mom sent me to the salon and my mother-in-law sent me brushes, paints, and a reducing glass (opposite of a magnifying glass) to bulk up my art supplies. Thanks everybody for making my day so wonderful!

4 comments:

April said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACE!!!!!!
Sounds like a good day, hopefully you guys were well on your b-day.

Bloom Family said...

Happy Birthday Stacey! Those flowers are beautiful. Nothing better than fresh flowers on the table!

Trichelle said...

oh how fun. It sounds like it was a good day. Sorry I missed it...But just fyi I was thinking about you that day. For some reason i can always remember your birthday, did I just admit to that because I don't know if I've ever said Happy B-day. Oh I'm a bugger!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I just found your blog. Very creative with the doll house. Looks great.