Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgivng

We started the day in the park watching Nate play in a Turkey Bowl (umm...Flag Football designated on Thanksgiving). While at the park Katelyn bonded with Brother Kenney from our ward. Apparantly I didn't understand the extent of camaderie until we were leaving and she started to cry for her "Grandpa".

The tears were not through mind you. Nate and I had an intimate gathering for our meal and as such I didn't really watch Katelyn as she played with the pepper shaker. I put it on the cabinet after I heard her coughing but missed that she managed to get it down again. 5 minutes to meal time she rubbed some pepper flakes in her eyes... It was just awful to hear her cry. Nate was great. He swooped in and washed her face. When that didn't seem to do the trick he put her in the shower. We added a little saline drops into the mix and the magic soothing power of candy to lull her out of her hysteria. I gather the pepper in Pepperspray is what causes all the pain. Katelyn was a trooper. She pulled through and we had a feast ready to greet her.

The menu: Rosemary Turkey with Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, Rosemary Bread, Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar, Green Bean Casserole, Jello, Pumpkin Pie, and Apple Pie. Mmmm...my mouth is watering!

No comments: