Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coach's Corner

So I innocently asked the ladies at playgroup if there was organized basketball and somehow it ended with Nate coaching the Elders Quorum Team. Oops. Things have been great on the early nights. We create a little space for the kids to play, the mom's visit and try to catch a few glimpses of the action. Last week I must have chased Katelyn 5 times from the court but one missed second and she got caught in the pack of 10 sweaty dads (Mom, I don't know how you managed to keep me safe all those years during Dad's games...). Luckily Nate was one of them and he deposited her safely to her otherwise unaware mother (to my defense Sarah was sitting on my lap and I was reading to a group of kids).
Here's a trophy photo of Nate's ankle

***Nate played the following Tuesday heartily in Greg's ankle brace...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thats kind of cute that she wants to be part of the action.

HeatherB said...

Ouch. Is he ok?

Safa Maiwand, DDS said...

first dr. starley senior with the racquetball injury and now dr. starley junior with the ankle... feel better nathan!!!

Anonymous said...

Nate, I miss your post-up-turnaround-quick-release-soft-touch-leaner that always went in...I'm just glad you're no longer here to guard me...for my own sake...

-Tyler