Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Flu

It's a bummer when your kids are sick for the holidays. Katelyn had a crazy high fever of 104.3 for several days (11) combined with stomach flu, sore throat, cough, and aches. It was very sad. Sarah and Abby of course followed suit and it made for a very homebound November. Katelyn was feeling better for Thanksgiving so we took her up to the big feast at my parent's house. When we got there she was happy for about 10 minutes and then went in on my mom's bed and said, "Mommy I miss Sarah." So we visited for just a few minutes and then I took her down to our second feast. Colleen didn't have any little ones so we thought it was okay to have our sickies at the meal. It was fun to be around all our family for such a special holiday.

Quiet moments with my reading partner

A view of the lethargic. Katelyn woke up in the middle of the night panicked, "there are rice krispies in my bed." Yep and on the wall, carpet, her hair...poor, poor girls. I think I averaged four laundry loads a day for a couple weeks there.

Pilgrims and Indians

Sarah admiring her big sister

A glimpse of the party at my parent's where Katelyn was missing Sarah

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I hope your girls are all feeling better now! That's horrible to have them all sick for so long. Hopefully December will be very uneventful (when it comes to sickness).