Tuesday, March 23, 2010

House Projects

First a Prego Shot for those of you wondering...5 1/2 weeks to go!


All of our projects we do together


My brother decided our tv was pretty old and bought me a new one for my birthday. The quote says "Establish a House: a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."
Pre-Entertainment Center

After Entertainment Center


We decided we needed a tad more privacy and some help for utilities. I found canvas paint dropcloths at Home Depot for pretty cheap and hemmed them (finally).
Before Curtains

After Curtains


We tried to make the bathroom a little less 50's and added beadboard, blue paint, and some finishing touches to cover exposed piping. I will have you know I cut each piece of trim and beadboard by hand with an exacto knife. I just found out about the wallpaper beadboard and boy do I wish I had used that stuff.
Pre-Bathroom

After Bathroom 1


The gold was great with Lorette's furniture but I was looking for something a tad more relaxing (oh and they have smells now that you can add to your paint so the walls smell like Sea Breeze).
Before and After Master Bedroom


We moved the girls' downstairs to make way for the nursery.
Girls Room 1

Girls Room 2

Girls Room 3


Nursery


Our latest adventure:
Before Laundry

Hopefully in the next few days I can show you the after shots.

16 comments:

Stacey Mom said...

Stacey you hardly look pregnant! Congrats by the way. Looks like you have been busy with your house. I'm impressed, we are still painting ours.. which leads me to my next question. I am looking for some good blues for our bedroom. I liked the one you used in your bedroom, what was it, and the one that was to the right of your tv on the bead board. and where can you add scents, thats so cool!

Let me know alisamarie123@gmail.com

ALisa

April said...

oh I love the house!! So cute and love all the colors! Great job. And might I say, you don't even look pregnant and your almost due? Whats up with that. I look huge and I haven't even gained that much weight. crazy girl. Good luck with the next few weeks! any names?

Erin Ropelato said...

Everything looks fabulous!! Are you going to come and decorate my house when you are done?? I'll have to come see it in person sometime!!

Kristen said...

You look zero percent pregnant. I am due a month after you and my stomach is 3 times bigger. Can't wait to see the new baby. Your house stuff is great!

Starley Family said...

I wasn't sure which wall you meant. The paneling in the living room is Ralph Lauren "Impressionist", above the curtains is Ralph Lauren "Beach Water", the TV wall is Ralph Lauren "Renoir".

In the bathroom:
Blue "Beach Water" in the Ralph Lauren collection from Home Depot but I used the Behr with Primer paint. They just discontinued RL at Home Depot but they may still have the recipe...and the beadboard is just the plain Behr with Primer paint without any tints.

In the bedroom is Benjamin Moore Paint Wedgewood Grey HC-146. It has Scentsations Sea Breeze flavor mixed in. I bought it at the Weber Paint Store in Ogden but you may be able to google a supplier close to you guys?

Good luck! I love to paint!

Starley Family said...

Samantha with a nickname Sami is what Katelyn and Sarah have picked. Nate and I are waiting to meet her to decide. Any suggestions?

Leslie said...

I like Samantha. My friend just had a girl and named her that. Hope you feel as good as you look! (I'd be happy looking like that AFTER I had a baby, let alone pregnant!)Love the house... "home"
I mean. Let us know when she's here.

heather said...

you need to take a pic with a fitted shirt because you don't look pg at all! we'll be there for a couple of weeks at the end of may...hopefully we can make it up to see you!

Nelson Family said...

Seriously? That is your pregnant picture! You don't even look pregnant. If I saw that picture I would think maybe you ate too many ding-dongs for dessert. That is really unfair. Hope everything goes well. Your house looks really nice.

HeatherB said...

So where are you hiding the baby?! You look fantastic!! My mom said you were getting a ton done at the house. It looks wonderful...way to go girl!

adventure knitter said...

You look fantastic by the way! I can't believe you're almost done! And your house is super cute!

Angela Hill said...

your house is looking gorgeous!!! I need you guys to come and visit me so that mine can start to have some personality. I'm in love with the paint color in your living room. What color is it?

Trichelle said...

Stacey you amaze me! I love LOVE LOVE the colors. I have such a hard time finding colors, and look at you...well i guess you are an artist. So that means next time I need paint I'm calling you.

Tiffany said...

I think you're missing a baby in that belly! I can't believe you only have 5 1/2 weeks left and you look like that! No fair!!!

Shannon said...

Wait...that is your "I have five weeks before I am due" pregnancy picture? Stacey...you are one hot mama! I love all of the painting/bead boarding/t.v. and entertaining improvements. You must be having tons of fun making your home your own, and it's looking fabulous. So glad to see you guys busy and happy. HOpe all is well!

The Long Family said...

The house and you look wonderful! It must be so fun decorating your own place!!! I love Samantha by the way - really really cute!!!