Thursday, March 12, 2009

Disneyland!

Last week my parents flew my siblings and all our families out to Disneyland. We were celebrating the big 30 for Nate, my brother Jeff, and sister-in-law Natalie (her birthday was the 7th). Happy Birthday Guys!

Sarah couldn't be happier!
Katelyn's Favorite ride was Alice in Wonderland Teacups and Sarah was rather elated during It's a Small World. My personal favorite is Space Mountain and you'll have to ask Nate which is his. Something tells me it wasn't waiting in line to meet Tinkerbell at Pixie Hollow but Katelyn sure loved it!

First of many Teacups Ride with Grandma and Mommy.

Who said Teacups are only for kids?

Chasing Birds

Hangin out with Uncle Marc

Can you tell Sarah was totally blowing me off...

The girls and I roughed the 6 hour car ride alone but it was great bonding time. Our portable DVD player went out in the first 10 minutes due to sticky fingers so we practiced our singing skills. I am not sure I followed the hands free law precisely with our GPS device but Sarah and Katelyn weren't quite ready for the navigating chair...
We arrived just in time to make the Ariel's Grotto feast with the Princesses. Let's just say we ate well on this trip. We had one breakfast w/ Minnie and Friends one morning, another in Goofy's Kitchen, and celebrated Natalie's 30th early at the Rainforest Cafe. We had a fancy dinner at a restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride called the Blue Bayou. Mmm...I recommend the Gumbo! At least we burned most of the extra calories by all the walking, carrying, and jostling we did in the parks.


Eyore

Goofy!

Meeting the first Princess, Ariel!

Sarah as the Princess

True Loves Kiss

True Loves Squeeze

Snow White

Katelyn wanted to show Cinderella her glass slipper sticker.

Belle with Katelyn

Belle with Sarah

"Bibbiddee Bobbeddee Boo" and I thought Fairy Godmother was a long name.
On our last night my parents took the youngest 6 granddaughters and sent us "adults" out for an evening. We took on the Tower of Terror and my 6 year old nephew Hunter was braver than I was! Jackie (my 12 neice) even went twice! Nate and I went to an amusement park on our first date and this trip brought back some fun nostalgia!

Thanks fam for the late night Trivial Pursuit, waterslides, and help with the girls!

10 comments:

kate said...

how wonderful! so glad you got to go, especially with so much family.

Trichelle said...

What a fun vacation, don't you just love doing trips with the entire family? I must admit they are my favorite.

Katie said...

WOW - it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And btw I L.O.V.E. love your hair. You are such a rare beauty miss Stacey. Happy Birthday Nate. Thirty flirty and thriving. (is he pretty flirty now?)

adventure knitter said...

awesome! disney is so much fun (and quite the trend right now!)

Mrs. Godfrey said...

I am so glad you got to go to Disneyland! It made me miss home! Ariel's Grotto, Goofy's Kitchen...those were all hits with my kids--and I grew to love them.
And I admit, I love the Hollwood Tower of Terror.
Ahhh....Disneyland. I never liked it growing up, but now, as an adult, I love it!
Glad you had a good time!

Lis said...

Guess I haven't been on your blog for a while because I just noticed your cute, cute haircut! Looks great Stace!

Leslie said...

Oh, how fun is that? I heard from DeeDee that your fam was all going to Disneyland, that's awesome!! WE went last February and I MISS IT. I think when I retire I'm going to ask Jeff to move to Disneyland: Happiest Place on Earth... I think the best part is watching our own little princess "owwing" and "awing" over the REAL Cinderella, Ariel, Belle and Sleeping Beauty. And your kids are just the perfect age to LOVE everything about it!!!

Dawn said...

wow what fun! I love Disneyland! Reading your blog puts me in the mood to go again. I can refrain myself though.

Carter Family said...

Do you remember when you didn't have to wait in line to see the disney characters. They used to walk around the park. Now I don't know about disney land but at disney world the characters are shuttled to and from their appearances by golf cart. I suppose it is a sign of the times that fantasy characters have become so popular that they warrant such service and attention.
We still love them though.
Bryce

Rachel said...

Fun stuff! I have to say Stace, you always look beaUtiful, but I'm really diggin that short style on you. What a fun and stylin change! You look great (as always)!