Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Princess Bed

Recently Katelyn has been in the habit of running over to Sarah's crib and climbing up to peek over the bar and say "Good Mornin' Sarah." It's not a pretty site when she doesn't get to be first, but that's another story. Katelyn is in the habit of placing her "Baby Sarah" doll from the dollhouse family into the crib when Sarah goes down for a nap. Thankfully, for some reason, this particular day of note I layed Sarah down on my bed. Katelyn dutifully climbed up and layed her doll down. Just then the mattress crashed down about 4 feet. Katelyn was still standing on the shell of the crib, stunned. The weird thing is the bed came down on the opposite side from where she was standing so I am not sure if she just wiggled the bearings lose but the entire metal holdings separated from the wood...
Nate and I decided it was time for Katelyn to move out of the crib and we found a fun little toddler bed "Princess Bed" and Katelyn has loved it. One of the sweetest features is being able to kneel by the bedside with her to say nightly prayers.

Sarah waking up the sleeping Princess...
360 view of the girl's room...

"Butterflies & Birds"
Paper Mobiles Katelyn and I made in our Prep-Preschool Curriculum.

Breaking in the Princess Bed
(side note...my mom says she came to check on me one night and she found me asleep on the floor and my bed was filled with stuffed animals. When she asked what I was doing I told her that I couldn't make any of my dollies feel left out so I put them all in my bed. Then there wasn't enough room for me to sleep on the bed so I curled up on the floor. It looks like Katelyn takes after her mom on this one...)

More sleeping but this time in Mom's Princess Bed...

The bib says it all! (Katelyn wanted to relive the highchair for a meal...)

No comments: